Tail Lift Operator Training
The course is aimed at those who use and operate tail lift machinery. The course will provide an overview on the safe use of specific tail lifts.
To train candidates in the safe use of specific tail lifts. On completion of training the trainee will be expected to have attained operating skills that comply with relevant laws.
The course covers the following topics:
• Relevant laws governing the safe use of tail lifts.
• Understanding of the manufacturer’s operating instructions for the type of tail lifts used.
• Pre-use safety checks and defect reporting.
• Correct opening and stow away of tail lift (including all safety items) – practical demonstration.
• Manual handling hazards associated with using a tail lift, equipment and environment.
• Position of the operator while using the tail lift – solo and multiple operators.
• Parking and vehicle position.
• Risks of falls to operator, goods, and third parties.
Who should attend?
Drivers and loaders.
2.5 hours per course.
Maximum 10 people per course.
Please provide suitable training room and vehicle(s) for practical session.
On completion of this course, a certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants.
Price on application
All participants will be expected to demonstrate their understanding by continuous assessment during the course.